Wednesday, 1 February 2017

Vice president flags off 20,000 solar powered lighting system program.


Acting President, Yemi Osinbajo, has flagged of the distribution of 20,000 solar powered lighting system in rural communities in the country.
 Osinbajo who flagged off the programme yesterday at Wuna village, a rural community in Gwagwalada, Abuja, disclosed that irrespective of the importance of power to national development, it is not possible for every Nigerian to tap from the national grid, hence it was this realization that compelled government to start searching for alternative means of providing power to Nigerians at the grassroots.
He said that the power system was in line with government’s objective of increasing energy production from renewable sources from 13 percent of total electricity generation in 2015 to 23 percent in 2025 and 36 percent in 2030.
The project is in conjunction with the Niger Delta Power Holding Company (NDPHC) It has the capacity to provide energy to power, at least, four Led light bulbs, mobile phones, radio, irrigation facilities and bore-hole system, among others.‎
Previous Post
Next Post

About Author

0 comments: